Thursday, August 11, 2022

The Honda Dax

The Honda Dax is a typical motorcycle that is build for fun and city cruising. I always had a soft spot for this little bike. So that's why I got inspired to draw this classic for my new design. The Dachshund is of course a reference to the name Dax and in the title the name Daxhund is misspelled on purpose to avoid the copyright infringement 😁. 

I created 6 versions ( the dotted background is not part of the shirt design ),

3 versions with a background,

 
And 3 versions with no background:



And now some close ups and work in progress:

 
As you can see the background is also hand-drawn, on 2 sheets of paper, one for the brush strokes and another for the rough sky scraper sketch. And the full color version with background I even used an old holiday picture from a city in France. When I started to draw I wasn't sure about the expression on the face and I tried different expressions and finally went for the neutral cool look. With this new design I tried some new methods and created multiple designs with different shirt or background colors in my mind, and I'm happy with the results.
As always follow the links to my shop at Teepublic or go to the "link page" for links to my other shops ( this one only at Teepublic or Neatoshop ). And don't forget that there are also other products like phone cases, mugs, stickers and other stuff.

Finally I would like to say to all the beginning artists: keep on creating , trying new ways and new ideas, there is always another sheet of paper.

Have a great day

Greetings Andres

No comments:

Post a Comment