Friday, August 5, 2022

The Legend of the Lost Game

Maybe you'll remember some old 8 bit games for the Nintendo entertainment system ? 

Well this artwork is inspired upon the boxart of the classic videogame "Digger T Rock" a videogame I used to play a lot in my younger years. 

This design was the first time I started using an A3 size paper so it was possible to put a lot more details in the lineart. Instead of scanning I now take a picture from the finished drawing.  To create the stone and marble look I used different brushes and smudge techniques. For better printing results and a smaller filesize I used a posterize filter. As always I used the open source alternatives for photoshop,  Gimp and Inkscape to add colors.  

Here is the boxart where this drawing is inspired upon. 

And here are some pictures from the work in progress:

Here is the link to my shop 

Hope you enjoyed this blog and have a great day.

Greetings Andres 

No comments:

Post a Comment